Methylation is a biochemical reaction in living tissue whereby a hydrogen atom is replaced with a methyl group [CH3] one carbon atom plus three Hydrogen atoms. This Methylation process is a basic cell function need to regulated energy metabolism in cells especially as it relates to RNA and DNA expression.
For additional information visit Dr. Richard Kunin's website and nutritional products to optimize Methylation issues in human metabolism.
Nutritional essential for proper Methylation involves many vitamins and minerals. Some of the key ones are Folate, B6, B2, Zinc, etc..
Many medications inhibit or hinder optimal cellular Methylation processes.
- Birth control or hormonal replacement drugs with estrogen
- Proton Pump Inhibitors such as Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, etc.
- Dental Nitrous Oxide inhalation
- Worst offenders are listed above because they either inhibit biochemical pathways or alter absorption
First Aid for Burns ~ the information article I was attempting to reference in Explore Journal (a peer reviewed publication focusing on integrative /alternative health geared to both the consumer and professional) appears to discontinued with an inactive link.
- First aid is always to gently cool the area /spray cool water over burn area
- Spread egg whites over the burn area