Candida is a opportunist yeast infestation of the digestive system and often spreads to mucous membranes of the mouth and sinuses. It can also irritate the skin (itchy skin syndrome). As an opportunistic condition, there must be predisposing factor(s).
The most common symptoms are:
- Bloating of the intestines often with flatulence after eating.
- Low grade sinus congestion
The most common causes are:
- Always driven by complication of heavy metal /mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings of the teeth
- Excessive sugar / simple carbohydrates in the daily diet
- Following (extended) antibiotic therapy(s)
- Predisposition if one does not have an appendix
- Excessive wetness as evaluated by an acupuncturist and/or by evaluating the tongue for a whitish film coating
- Re-establish normal gut flora via probiotics
- Anti-candida products commonly available in health food stores
If one has a problem with heavy metal /mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings, it will be losing battle to eliminate Candida. The best one can do is to control /manage the condition to an asymptomatic level.
My approach to Candida consists of:
- Identify predisposing factors of most commonly from amalgam fillings in the teeth
- Optimizing digestive system function involving the jaw (open, closing, chewing and swallowing)
- Optimizing immune system function
- Implement dietary restrictions if appropriate
- Establishing a game plan to implement the above in an efficient and effective manner
Do I Have it and what can I do about it.